RALDataLog is a tool of general use and very versatile that measures the amplitude of the analog signals with reduced bandwidth and amplitude not exceeding 5 V. The internal temperature of the device is also measured.
An amplifier with programmable gain adapts the level of the analog signal applied to the measurement dynamics.
It is often interesting to highlight small signal changes superimposed at a constant value of much greater amplitude: RALDataLog allows to program a reference offset for the base line so as to position the "zero" of the measurement at a suitable point of the acquisition scale. Furthermore, especially when recording phenomena with reduced bandwidth (slowly varying), it is desirable to reduce the statistical fluctuations of the measurement by integrating the signal: RALDataLog sets a time constant of the integrator variable from 0.04 s up to 43.7 s.
The measured values are displayed by the RALData software provided free with the instrument.
The tool, when set to continuous transmission, periodically records the samples on the external memory USB flash drive (USB memory stick) in addition to or as an alternative to the normal communication with the PC.
RALDataLog records, along with the samples, the time information obtained from the internal clock-calendar module (RTC: Real Time Clock) with back-up lithium battery. It is possible to synchronize the date and time with those of the control PC and set the data recording period (selectable from 1 to 255 seconds).
- Dimensions: [105L x 50H x 185P] mm.
- Weight: around 0,5 kg.
- Dynamic range of the applied analog signal: 0 to 4.95 V.
- Protection against extra-input voltages and polarity reversal.
- Input bandwidth: 0-1 Hz.
- Input impedance: 1 MΩ.
- Programmable voltage gain: values: 1.00, 2.00, 3.200, 4.00, 5:33, 8:00, 16.0.
- Offsets of the reference line (zero) programmable and automatic calibration.
- Programmable measurement integration constant: from about 0.043 up to about 43.7 seconds.
- Nominal measuring Resolution f.s.: 14bit.
- Analog signal input on coaxial BNC connector.
- Alphanumeric backlit LCD display 2 lines x 8 characters to display the functions.
- Control keyboard for manual setting of functions.
- Microprocessor for the managing of the tool.
- Clock-calendar RTC (Real Time Clock) with back-up lithium battery.
- Measurement of inner temperature.
- USB port (Type B) used for connection to a PC with proprietary communication protocol.
- USB port (Type A) used for connection with an external flash memory (USB stick). It enables automatic recording of samples without the connection to the PC: Data-Logger function.
- Synchronization of the internal clock-calendar with the one of the PC.
- Data Registration period on a USB flash memory stick: programmable from 1 to 255 seconds.
- Power supply: 12 VDC - 120 mA (Max).
- Protection against polarity reversal of the supply voltage.
- Network Adapter included: input 100-240 VAC - 50/60 Hz, output from 3 to 12 VDC - 7.2 VA max (600 mA must be set to output at 12 VDC).